Q&A with Sophia Yoder

Q: What is your favorite thing in summer and what makes it your favorite?

A: My favorite thing in summer is traveling and just getting to see new places

Q: Is there a favorite place you travelled this summer or just traveling in general?

A: Yeah, we travelled to Japan this summer and everything was just so gorgeous and the food was really great.

Q: So far, what is your favorite class and why?

A: Biology is probably my favorite class so far because unlike most of my other classes, we’ve been doing a lot of hands on experiments, rather than notes.

Q: I heard you participate in band. What instrument do you play and why did you choose to participate in high school?

A: I play alto saxophone, and I chose to do band in high school because I’m really passionate about music and I love playing with other people who love music too.

Q: Are you interested in any other after school activities this year?

A: I’m definitely interested in activities like the musical and One Act, and in the spring I hope to do outdoor track.

Q: What is your number one goal for this year?

A: My number one goal this year is to just branch out and try a bunch of new things, and to figure out what kind of things I want to do for the next four years and beyond and to meet new people.

Q: Who is your favorite teacher so far and what is your favorite thing you’ve done in their class?

A: My favorite teacher so far is Mr. Blosser because he seems really passionate about teaching, and my favorite thing we’ve done is an experiment about food dyes.

Q: If you could meet one person dead or alive who would you meet and why?

A: I’d definitely want to meet Frank Sinatra because I love his music and it would be awesome to see what his inspiration was.

Q: Can you elaborate on seeing what Frank Sinatra’s inspiration was?

A: Things were definitely very different back when he was living, and he was one of the first to sing the type of music that he did, so it would be cool to learn where he got his ideas for his songs.

Q: Who do you look up to the most?

A: I look up to my mom the most because she always knows what to tell me when I need motivation or advice.

Q: If you could have one superpower what would it be and why?

A: If I could have a superpower I think it would be the ability to time travel because it just sounds really awesome.

Q: Where would you go if you could time travel and what is the meaning behind that?

A: I know every time travel book and movie says you’re not supposed to mess with time, but if I could time travel I would want to try and prevent some of the really bad things that happen in the future that we could’ve prevented.

Q: Is there a specific time period you are referring to or just many different moments throughout time?

A: I don’t think theres a specific time just because there’ve been so many terrible things I don’t know if I could pick just one to change.

Q: What one thing could you not live without?

A: It’s not like a single object, but I couldn’t live without music because I’m so passionate about it and it just helps me with pretty much everything.

Q: How is it going to school with a sibling? Is it good or bad and what makes it those things?

A: I love it; she gives me rides to school and it’s just nice knowing I have someone I trust to help me if I need it.

Q: Will you miss it?

A: I will miss it but I’m definitely glad she was here for my freshman year so I didn’t feel so lost.

Q: Would you say your relationship is better than most sibling relationships?

A: I wouldn’t say it’s better because we still fight as much as any other siblings do, but we also know we can count on each other if we need it.

Q: What are you expectations and ideas on how to handle the rest of high school, especially when being passed on information from an older sibling?

A: Having an older sibling who has already been through most of high school has definitely helped me choose classes and how to plan my schedule. I really hope for the next four years to focus on academics and participate in extracurriculars that I’m really interested in.

Q: What are you favorite things to do in your free time and what makes those things your favorite?

A: I play a lot of musical instruments in my free time, but I also love to read and watch movies. They’re my favorite thing to do because they’re relaxing for me and I don’t have to stress over them.