Q&A with Dominic Fields

Q: What were your expectations going into highschool?

A: “More work and more responsibilities because you’re getting older and getting ready for college.”

Q: What are your plans for the future?

A: “The NFL…I’ve been playing all my life and I’m in love with the sport.”

Q: What do you do in your free time and how do you make time for it?

A: “Working out…. I always do my work during study hall for football and I love staying in shape so I hit the gym.”

Q: How was your first week of high school?

A: “It was really good. It wasn’t that challenging because the teachers gave really good amounts of work for the time that you have.”

Q: What are your pros and cons about high school?

A: “I think it’s a pro and a con that the classes are longer because you have less, so I’m loving that because you get two electives a day and two classes, so it’s less homework.”

Q: What are your thoughts about school lunch?

A: “I think they should put up signs to show you what’s going to be where because sometimes I’m confused.”

Q: If you could change anything about your classes, what would it be?

A: “I would make them have either a break time [or] incorporating nap time. I miss naps lowkey.”

Q: What classes do you enjoy and why?

A: “Weight training… I think my favorite class is World History right now, I like how the teacher is really cool like she’s real funny.”

Q: What are your thoughts about the high school workload?

A: “It’s not that bad because they are realistic and know that people do stuff after school like sports. I did get a big workload on the first week, but she gave us time to complete it.”

Q: How does it feel to have so many options and choices for your classes?

A: “I think it’s really cool because it gives you more opportunities to decide about what you want to do in life. You can pursue a career that you wouldn’t have now.”

Q: Do you want to join any clubs ?And if so, why?

A: “I want to join chess club because I think it’s really cool to have smart people in one room and talk to other people with same interests as you.”

Q: How do you feel as you go through the halls?

A: “I know people aren’t as worried about everything that you’re going to do, nobody really is going to mess with you because they have their own things to focus on.”

Q: Do you have any plans for the future at HHS?

A: “To continue in football and hopefully make good grades.”

Q: What’s a hobby you enjoy and why is that?

A: “Working out and playing football… I like staying in shape and I just love the sport of football, it helps me stay connected to school and make new friends.”

Q: What do you do outside of school?

A: “I work out and play football and chill with my friends.”

Q: Any future college plans?

A: “Going D1; hopefully Auburn, and to study to become a doctor so I can help people.”

Q: What’s your favorite part of high school?

A: “Probably the maturity… I like how kids are smarter.”

Q: What’s something that freshmen have to deal with that upperclassmen don’t?

A: “Getting used to highschool… I feel like upperclassmen have already had to deal with the process of getting a lot of work and having to deal with it while balancing after school stuff and friends.”

Q: What three words describe your personality?

A: “I’m funny…  I like to have fun and I always play around a lot and I’m kind of flirty… and I’m lowkey smart, but people don’t know.”

Q: What’s your middle name? And what’s the story behind it?

A: “Isaiah…because my mom is a serious christian and Isaiah was a prophet or something.”