“Snowcappella” reinvigorates HHS’s a cappella scene

Bob Adamek

Last year’s “Sing Out” participants on stage at JMU

Isabelle Burden, Online Managing Editor

Mr. Snow, a band instructor at HHS, started what the students like to call “Snowcappella”. This co-ed a cappella group takes arrangements made by Mr. Snow and brings them to life. Last year, the group of 18 sang at several different events including JMU’s annual “Sing Out!” concert, which displays the best a cappella groups from the university as well as graciously opening the stage up to HHS.

Snowcappella brought the house down with their set of two popular songs that got the audience excited and into it, “Dog Days Are Over” and “Some Nights”. They also performed several other hits at Clementine Bar later on in the year. The venue was absolutely packed and everyone was enjoying the well put-together show.

This year, the former seniors have graduated and the group needs some new talent. As such, Jason Tran, Caroline Shank, Laura Ruple, Ben Hill, Rachel Cavoto, Evan Dotas and Jessica Denton snatched up the empty spots in Snowcappella.

With just a couple rehearsals before “Sing Out!”, which is on February 22nd, some members are getting a bit nervous.

Caroline Shank is very excited to join saying, “Joining a cappella is really exciting for me. I’ve always loved a cappella as a musical style, so I’m looking forward to being a part of it here at HHS.”

Although the concert is approaching fast, these kids are fully capable of impressing a live audience and leaving them completely satisfied.