Who is Jodi Meadows?

Incarnate+book+cover.+

Incarnate book cover.

Martin Beck, Staff Reporter

Jodi Meadows is a young adult science fiction and fantasy author with residence in the Shenandoah Valley. You may have seen her novels peppered atop shelves in the library or in the hands of students in the hallways, who have perfected walking and reading simultaneously.

She is the author of the Incarnate trilogy, a fantasy series with a reincarnation theme, and two novellas–Phoenix Overture and The Hidden Prince. Her upcoming book, The Orphan Queen, is available for preorder at Barnes and Noble. It will be available in March of 2015. Additionally, My Lady Jane, a novel Meadows is working on collaboratively with authors Brodi Ashton and Cynthia Hand is expected in 2016.

Since Incarnate was published in 2013, her books have touted critical acclaim from reviewers and fans alike. C. J. Redwine, author of the Defiance series, calls The Orphan Queen, “One of the most compelling fantasies I’ve ever read. Fans of strong heroines, secret identities, and terrifyingly dangerous magic should put Jodi Meadows at the top of their ‘to read’ lists.”

This Friday (11/21), Meadows will visit HHS to talk about her writing process and life as an author. Time will be allotted for students to ask questions of Meadows.

Meadows practices knitting when she is not writing young adult literature. She shares a house with her cat and “an alarming amount of ferrets,” according to her blog.