Where every person has a story.

Where every person has a story.

Where every person has a story.

Do you feel that HHS and our city are inclusive environments for all cultures/ethnicities?

• Yes, I do (60%, 67 Votes)
  • We can improve (30%, 34 Votes)
  • No, I do not (10%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 112

Loading ... Loading ...

Sophomores share opinions on picture day 

Picture day is being done a little differently this year, instead of all of the grades taking their school picture on one day, each grade has a date. 

Freshman took their pictures Tuesday of this week, and sophomores took it all day today. Juniors are next to take it, Monday of next week. Seniors schedule an appointment to take senior portraits through this link. The designated day for seniors is Sept.19. 

Picture day can be important for students who care about their picture. Sophomore Jana Hayajneh worried about things going wrong for the picture. 

“I’m just worried if I close my eyes or if I smile bad. The pictures are used for the yearbook, student IDs and some people’s parents buy them. It’s a lot of pressure to look good because you see them a lot,” Hayajneh said. 

Hayajneh also took time to prepare for school picture day. 

“I tried to do my hair better than I usually do, but it didn’t work out today,” Hayajneh said. 

Her opinion about the picture day is neutral. 

Dorian Rojas, another sophomore, had a bit of change this year for picture day. 

“I used to prepare a lot because I had long hair, but now that I have short hair, I just wing it,” Rojas said. 

Rojas expresses his distaste for picture day because he doesn’t enjoy the picture-taking process. 

“I hate pictures, I’m not a picture-taking type of person. I just don’t enjoy taking pictures,” Rojas said. “They think they need to look perfect when they don’t need to, no one cares. Unless you’re that type of person that looks through the yearbook and judges everyone,” Rojas said. 

Haiden Madden also felt neutral about the picture-taking process. 

“It’s fine, the lights are too bright though. I put on the same outfits that I use the whole year. I’m pretty neutral about it, it’s not bad it’s not good,” Madden said.