Where every person has a story.

Where every person has a story.

Where every person has a story.

Do you feel that HHS and our city are inclusive environments for all cultures/ethnicities?

• Yes, I do (60%, 67 Votes)
  • We can improve (30%, 34 Votes)
  • No, I do not (10%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 112

Loading ... Loading ...
Governor STEM Academy hosts biannual career fair
JV softball vs. East Rock 4/19/24

JV softball vs. East Rock 4/19/24

May 2, 2024

STEM holds third quarter steminar, career night

May 1, 2024

Spring play, directed by Gibson performs D.O.A

April 25, 2024

Opinion: Red Sea support should be more appropriate

Junior Ben Harris is lifted above the Red Sea during a home football game. Photo by Molly Denman.

The Red Sea is in dire need for a leader. While our school is brimming with spirit, we need someone who can direct that energy into cheers.

This was mainly brought to my attention at the game on Saturday. As we lost points to the other team and suffered unfortunate calls from the refs, instead of staying supportive, the student section became more profane.

The football players do not want to hear their fans yelling at the refs and screaming about how much the hate the other team. They want to hear our support and cheers no matter what happens.

Not only is it not what the football players want to hear, it makes our school look bad. We always complain about other schools when they are rude to our team, but essentially we were doing the same thing.

Honestly, I can not think of a single time when it is appropriate to flip off the other team or the refs. If we want to maintain our image on and off the field, the student section needs to get it together and offer more appropriate support for our team.

View Comments (8)