Where every person has a story.

Where every person has a story.

Where every person has a story.

Do you feel that HHS and our city are inclusive environments for all cultures/ethnicities?

• Yes, I do (60%, 67 Votes)
  • We can improve (30%, 34 Votes)
  • No, I do not (10%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 112

Loading ... Loading ...
Governor STEM Academy hosts biannual career fair
JV softball vs. East Rock 4/19/24

JV softball vs. East Rock 4/19/24

May 2, 2024

STEM holds third quarter steminar, career night

May 1, 2024

Spring play, directed by Gibson performs D.O.A

April 25, 2024

Opinion: Jimmy Johns great food destination in the ‘Burg

Jimmy+Johns+Gourmet+Sandwiches+has+been+in+operation+since+1983.+
Jimmy Johns Gourmet Sandwiches has been in operation since 1983.

Jimmy Johns has been feeding the hearts and souls of Americans for almost 30 years.

With locations in most major college towns across the country, Jimmy Johns has made its target demographic plain to see: college students.

They cater to sleepy, lazy 20-year-olds who don’t like to get up in the morning, or go to bed at night. And they are very good at it.

However, Jimmy Johns is not only appealing to college students. Everyone from a 14-year-old high school freshman to a 92-year-old senior citizen can enjoy a delicious sub, complete with chips and a drink, that Jimmy Johns makes so well.

There are three things that make Jimmy Johns appealing, especially to younger crowds: loud music and witty signs, great food quality, and freaky fast delivery.

When one walks into a Jimmy Johns Gourmet Sandwiches establishment, he or she immediately notices the blaring music coming over the speaker system.

Typically classic rock is playing, with selections from such artists as Jimi Hendrix to ZZ Top to Guns n’ Roses.

When their eyes have adjusted to the light, they may notice the signs on the wall, proclaiming “Bread so French it must be liberated!”, or, “Your mouths not watering, it’s crying for Jimmy Johns!” Not only are these signs clever marketing ploys, but some of them actually make people laugh. And who doesn’t like eating in a restaurant that will make you chuckle?

After ordering, the customer typically may wait about 1-2 minutes before receiving their sub. Upon biting into the soft bread and mountains of meat, he or she will certainly note the quality of the food.

Jimmy Johns uses fresh-from-the-farm vegetables, and Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise. It also uses Chicken of the Sea tuna, and manufactures its own chips. All of these brands cannot be disputed for their quality, and this quality really shows when customers lick their lips and sigh in satisfaction after finishing a sandwich.

Lastly, what makes Jimmy Johns really stand out amongst its competitors (here in Harrisonburg we have Subway and Quiznos), is their delivery. Proclaiming “One sub, that’s our minimum,” Jimmy Johns readily delivers to most addresses in Harrisonburg, as well as all JMU locations. This trait makes Jimmy Johns invaluable to college kids with a little extra cash to spend on food. And best of all, Jimmy Johns usually delivers within about 15-20 minutes the order has been called in.

With so many food establishments in America, Jimmy Johns has had to establish itself as something special. And with its upbeat atmosphere, quality food, and speedy delivery, it has managed to do just that.

View Comments (8)