Where every person has a story.

Where every person has a story.

Where every person has a story.

Do you feel that HHS and our city are inclusive environments for all cultures/ethnicities?

• Yes, I do (60%, 67 Votes)
  • We can improve (30%, 34 Votes)
  • No, I do not (10%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 112

Loading ... Loading ...

BlueTique presents a stylish, but affordable, option downtown

BlueTique also has an extensive jewelry selection to choose from.

Recently downtown Harrisonburg has become a place where someone might actually want to shop. The only problem is that for a lot of people stores like Mint and The Yellow Button are priced slightly out of what they would want to spend on clothes.

However, now we have BlueTique, so named because they thought they would sell mostly blue jeans.

The new addition to the pool is a shop located where the old “Glen’s Fair Price” store used to be, and has proved that you don’t have to cost an entire paycheck to be cute and up-to-date. The items in the store range from $0.99 to $70.00, with a lot of wide berth in between. If that’s not enough of an incentive, the store gives out free pearl earrings to anyone who comes in, even if you don’t buy anything.

Their price range is one of the things that makes them comparable to the other stores, according to Manager Jacquie Patteson.

“We also carry different brands [than the other downtown stores],” Patteson said.

While many of their clothes are not big-name brands (you’ll find things with labels reading “Everly” and “Hug”) the clothes can definitely compete with those of the caliber like the Yellow Button’s. BlueTique gets new shipments of clothes in every day, in hopes of keeping up with the changes in weather and styles.

The shop has only recently opened their branch in Harrisonburg.

“The store started in Lexington, Kentucky and we also have branches in Charlottesville and Ohio,” Patteson said. They cater directly to college students, and believed that JMU would be the perfect profile of girls to buy their clothes. Proving true, while in the shop, college-age students came in and out several times.

“While we do cater to college students, high school students are in the same range. It’s a great place for homecoming dresses and things like that,” Patteson said. Dresses definitely dominate a good portion of the store, but they also have many other things. Shorts, flowy shirts, camisoles, bandeaus, jeans, hats, belts and shoes all find their place in the relatively small shop.

Not to mention the jewelry. It’s the first eye-catching thing when you walk in the door, which is an impressive feat considering the bright colors of the clothes. It all sits on a wooden table, with earrings covering every visible surface and two literal tree statues boasting the necklaces. According to Patteson, the jewelry is unique and one of the stores best deals.

You can find Bluetique on Facebook, and online at www.bluetiquecheapchic.com.
[nggallery id=156]