My top five Halloween candies

A+mix+of+Halloween+candies.+

Kasey Thompson

A mix of Halloween candies.

Kasey Thompson, Yearbook Editor in Chief

Being a junior in high school, I’ve long outgrown trick or treating, however I think every teenager still enjoys  the halloween candy. You’re never too old for sweets. When I was a kid, I always got the most random mix of candies from walking around in my neighborhood on the night of Oct.31. There were the brand name ones that everyone knows such as Reeses and Skittles, but then there were also the random wrapper, sketchy looking ones. Now that I just buy candy to eat on Halloween, I have a top five list that are my go to’s. 

1. Hershey’s Milk Chocolate

I know it’s the most basic candy there is, but Hershey’s Chocolate is all I need to get through the night. Dark chocolate has always been a favorite in my house, so milk chocolate is definitely a treat to me. 

2. York Peppermint Patties

As you can tell, chocolate is my first choice. York Peppermint Patties are perfect when you’re craving chocolate, but not just the basic Hershey’s. Chocolate and peppermint has always been my grandma’s favorite, so I started to like the combination as well from being around her. 

3. Smarties

Another basic one, but I genuinely don’t eat Smarties any other time of the year other than Halloween night. It’s not really Halloween in my eyes if you don’t eat Smarties. 

4. Candy corn

Candy corn is essential for the fall season in general. It’s what I think of when I think about fall and Halloween. It’s not often handed out when trick or treating, at least in my neighborhood, so you have to make sure you buy some as soon as October hits. 

5. Nerds

I’ve always loved Nerds, specifically the purple ones. The small little boxes they come in only on Halloween make them even more special. If you can find the mixed flavors, those are even better.