Campillo finds hobby, improvement in creating art

Freshman+Anna+Campillo+works+on+a+drawing+of+lips+in+her+room.+

Photo Used With Permission From Anna Campillo

Freshman Anna Campillo works on a drawing of lips in her room.

Adrian Kavazovic, Print Editor-in-Chief

Freshman Anna Campillo has a passion for creating art. Campillo started art at a young age and has been doing it ever since. Her passion for art started because when she would take art classes at school and she thought looking at the art that the art teachers created was “really cool.”

“Just seeing other people’s art, I thought it was really cool…[seeing] art teachers [and] them doing it as a cool career and seeing all the work they’ve done with it,” Campillo said.

Campillo does find art an excellent career, but she does not plan on pursuing it in her future. Instead, she plans to just do art in her free time. As art is one of her passions, she wants to learn as much as she can about art and see her improvement throughout high school.

“I don’t think I’d use it for a career, but I definitely want to do it as a pastime and just a hobby,” Campillo said.

An obstacle that Campillo faces with art is that if something does not turn out the way she would have liked, she may have some doubt. However, that does not stop her from trying again. She believes that the mistakes she makes can lead to improvements in future art pieces. 

“I kind of just want to learn as much as I can about [art] and just have a lot of improvement,” Campillo said. 

One mistake she tends to make is when she tries to rush an art piece, she does more than she’s capable of, which causes it to not turn out the way she would have liked. From these experiences, she learned that she needs to take her time on her art and to be more careful when producing art. 

“Sometimes if [an art piece] doesn’t turn out the way you want it to, you have some doubt that you just have to keep trying… I think the mistakes I make can lead to improvements,” Campillo said.