HHS prepares for upcoming school year with information for students

The+introduction+of+the+letter+sent+to+all+HHS+students.+The+letter+contained+information+the+students+need+to+know+before+the+school+year+starts.+

Screenshot By Oziel Valdez

The introduction of the letter sent to all HHS students. The letter contained information the students need to know before the school year starts.

While the school year is close to beginning at HHS, there is still work needed to be done before the year can start. This deals with materials for virtual learning. 

For Harrisonburg High School, the first day of virtual learning is Aug. 31. Classes will be held  every weekday except for Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays will have office hours for teachers, time for clubs and a time for advisory. Students are mandated to attend advisory from 10 a.m. to 10:30. Advisory will update students on information they need weekly throughout the year. 

The week before school starts will be used for students to pick up necessary materials from HHS. Students and families will park and remain in their cars in the South Parking lot of HHS. Staff will then distribute the materials you need to your car. Students must be registered to attend HHS before they pick up their materials. If a student still needs to be registered, a parent can call the school at (540) 433-2651. If a translator is needed, parents can call (540) 433-3644. 

The distribution dates and times are as follow: 

Tuesday, Aug. 25 – Freshmen/New Students Pick-Up Day

Available times for pick up: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. or 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.

Wednesday, Aug. 26 – Sophomore, Junior, Senior Pick-Up Day

Available times for pick up: 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.

Thursday, Aug. 27 – Make-Up Day

Available times for pick up: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.

Every freshmen or new student who will attend HHS needs to pick up materials. This is especially important for freshmen and new students since they will be receiving their HHS-issued Chromebooks. Students who are picking up a Chromebook are required to complete their application for a Chromebook before they arrive at HHS. Students who do not fill out the application before arriving at HHS will need to be accompanied by a parent. Freshmen must also bring any Chromebooks borrowed from the middle school to HHS to be returned. 

All HHS students who are taking the following courses first semester need to attend their designated pick-up day at HHS to receive their materials.