Fine Arts Academy holds virtual showcase, allows open discussion for senior capstone

Grace Miller

Junior Amelia Mitchell speaks about her sculpted tree she made for the showcase “Bare.”

The closing of HHS has not held back students on their journey of creativity. While rooted at home, the HHS Fine Arts Academy (FAACL) set up a showcase so that students can express their creativity. Students submitted their projects from home to be compiled into a video showcase. FAACL members have been working on their projects for the past three months. The showcase, which was themed as “Roots,” was released via YouTube in two videos; one features FAACL 1 students while the second video features students from FAACL 2, 3 and 4. The first part of the showcase can be watched here while the second part of the showcase can be watched here

“Roots” was not the only showcase FAACL will have done digitally. A second showcase, entitled “Flourish,” is also being released. This showcase primarily focuses on the Senior Capstone that FAACL 4 students created. This showcase will be released twice June 2; the first will be at 1:30 p.m. and the second at 7:00 p.m. It will last about an hour and will proceed with a Google Meet discussion where the FAACL 4 students will answer any questions the audience has regarding their project. “Flourish” will be shown through this YouTube link

Click here to read from a seniors’ perspective.