After Prom promises prizes for all students

A variety of prizes will be available  for students to win.

A variety of prizes will be available for students to win.

After Prom is an event that is coordinated by the junior class parents. The event will be held at James Madison University (JMU) UREC facilities, from 12:00 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. All students must arrive at the event no later than 1:00 am on May 20th. Nurse Angela Knupp is one of the parents that are organizing the late night activities.

“There will be lots of opportunities to play games, have fun and eat lots of food,” Knupp said. “A bounce house, an inflatable obstacle course, [a] money machine and photo booth with unlimited photo strip printing will be available for everyone.”

In addition, the rock wall, the pool and lazy river will be open with lifeguards on duty. Students will be allowed to play basketball as well as soccer in the gym. The main commons area of UREC will house the prizes and free food available for students.

“Students will be given tickets to enter in the drawing for the larger prizes as they receive their bracelets. Only Harrisonburg High School juniors and seniors will be eligible to win the big ticket items.

The big ticket items prizes total over two thousand five hundred dollars.

“Some of the big ticket items include an iPad, ENO hammock with straps, Apple watch, Ultimate Ears wireless speaker, two cash 100 dollar prizes, a 500 dollar Urban Bike and two Google Home mini’s,” Knupp said.

All big prizes will be drawn at 2:15 am and the winner must be present to claim their prize.

For students to purchase tickets, they need their parents to sign the HHS permission form, sign two JMU waivers, and they need to purchase a five-dollar ticket.

“Just for buying a ticket, students will get [a] free Chick-fil-a sandwich, DQ blizzard and food coupons, packs of gum and a full-sized candy bar,” Knupp said. “You will walk away with something no matter what.”

HHS Juniors and Seniors as well as their prom dates are welcome if they attended the Prom. After Prom is a drug and alcohol free event with parental supervision.

If you are planning to attend, make sure to arrive at UREC before 1:00 am with your ticket, an empty stomach, a bathing suit and towel if you want to swim, and your lucky pair of socks.