Varsity volleyball falls to Robert E. Lee

Nyah Phengsitthy, Editor-in-Chief

The varsity volleyball team was defeated by Robert E. Lee on Tuesday, Sept. 29 after playing three sets. Although the Streaks led most of the first set, Lee soon started to catch up. By the end of the first set they had won 25-23. The Streaks soon started to come back after a quick timeout with HHS varsity volleyball coach, Andy Thompson. After winning the second set against Robert E. Lee, the team was on to the third set. However, by the end, Lee had defeated HHS 25-22.

After winning the second set, the Streaks knew they had to step up their game. Junior Casey Wilson thought that the pressure grew after the second set.

“There’s always tension in every game. When it’s the last game though, they’re is a lot on the line, so we’re a lot more tense, and there is a lot more pressure.” Wilson said.

Before the game, there was a special event for the volleyball team. The players had chosen their favorite teachers, or someone they look up to, to run up with them during the announcement of their names. The team wanted to recognize these people because they’ve inspired, helped, or influenced them. The varsity volleyball team only does this once each season.

The team will continue working to win other upcoming games against other schools this season. The team’s next game is against Spotswood High School on Wednesday, Sept. 30.