Freshman’s Analysis of the First Quarter

Randee Rose Joven, Staff Reporter

Leaves continue to fall, the breeze is getting cooler by the day, and I’m still stressing over school. It is indeed the end of the first nine weeks. Could time have gone by that fast? Clearly, it did. Next thing you know, the leaves are back to green and it will be eighty degrees outside again (hooray). Anyway, I will say high school has been… frenzied and thrilling at the same time. I’ve met so many more students that have been great and teachers that are really helpful.

Although, I have never dawdled so much in my life. Teachers should take it easy with the homework a bit — much rather a lot. I believe that the ridiculous amount of work hasn’t motivated me, but instead made me lazier. Homework is everywhere and is given every night. Everyone’s always trying to meet their deadlines, and it’s all happening in the blink of an eye. Fortunately, I’m keeping up.

So far, the sports and events going on in school have been quite exciting. The football games, although we are a little unfortunate so far, have still been a good way to spend time with friends and cheer your loudest at the home games. The other sports, like volleyball and cross country, have had their victories and defeats as well. The school’s marching band has been really impressive with their performances, too. Students have joined clubs, acted on stage, attended this year’s homecoming dance and participated in Spirit Week. ELT and the Olweus program is new to everyone but I think it has been beneficial for all of us. Every week there’s always something going on, and it will go on for the next 27 weeks. Hopefully, my first year in high school, as well as everyone else who feels a little miserable right now, will become an even greater experience.