Photo Courtesy By Jenine Hamdan

Senior Jenine Hamdan standing for a photo.

Jenine Hamdan

Interview Done By HHS Counseling Intern Eric Kennedy and HHS Counselor Christina Norment

“My plan for next year is to attend a four-year in-state school, most likely UVA to pursue a degree in the College of Arts and Sciences. I am still not sure what I want to be when I am older, but I have always been interested in math, chemistry and biology, and want more of that experience. I have always liked being a student and really enjoy learning. The most meaningful part of my high school years is making it to this point and seeing it all come together. Receiving college acceptances and seeing how all my effort has paid off has been really rewarding. During the past four years, I have grown and overcome barriers from unexpected situations that I wasn’t prepared for. Stepping over those and getting to this point has allowed me to be more adaptable. Entering the real world with this ability will help me overcome any barriers that I face, whether that be in research or general life situations. Senior year is going to be a year of reflection where you are going to find that some of the experiences you have had during high school that you may have deemed insignificant at the moment actually provided you with a very meaningful experience; so, you should keep track of everything that you do. Students should be thankful for the diversity of the people here. If you are coming from a minority background, you should be really proud of that and not shy away from who you are.”

HHS Media • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All HHS Media Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *