Where every person has a story.

Where every person has a story.

Where every person has a story.

Do you feel that HHS and our city are inclusive environments for all cultures/ethnicities?

• Yes, I do (60%, 67 Votes)
  • We can improve (30%, 34 Votes)
  • No, I do not (10%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 112

Loading ... Loading ...

Envirothon team competes local competition

April 16, 2024

First outdoor track practice

First outdoor track practice

April 16, 2024

HHS Band performs Tiny Tots

HHS Band performs Tiny Tots

April 12, 2024

Student artists create bowls for event

The students in the National Art Honors Society came up with a slogan for their annual soup night: “A night of art, music, food, and fun for a good cause”.

The money raised as a result of soup night goes to the National Art Honor Society scholarship and a house that is being made into an art center.

For $10, customers are able to pick a handmade bowl from a wide variety that have been hand crafted for the event. Along with the bowl, they get soup, bread and dessert. To make the night even more enjoyable, the patron will be able to sit back and relax to live entertainment.

Art Teacher Jauan Brooks is the overseer for the unique event. At soup night, she floats around and does whatever is needed. She has been planning for the event since November.

Members of the Art Honor Society help Brooks with the planning. In the Honor Society, the students are put into committees. There are committees in charge of food, entertainment, publicity, and bowls. The officers of the club lead the committees in order to get the job done.

The handmade bowls are made by a variety of people. Students, teachers, and people in our community all have their hands involved in crafting them. Typically, there are abour 200 bowls made.

All different kinds of people come to the soup night. Former students, parents, community members, teachers, and especially current students attend the popular event.

The food, utensils, musicians, and volunteers are all donated. The press release details every aspect of the night, including information for the public.

It is the hope of the National Art Honor Society to have all items for the event donated. We are in need of many supplies from businesses and individuals.

NAHS is looking to raise money and create opportunities for many. Just $10 will help them achieve their goal. Take home a unique bowl made specifically for soup night on Mar 11 starting at 6 p.m. in the gym commons at HHS.