Teachers and students participate in Spirit Week

Harmony Wilson, News Page Editor

During the fun and creativity-filled spirit week, otherwise known as Homecoming week, Harrisonburg High School has once again given students the opportunity to express and define themselves in more ways than one. This year has especially been unique, due to both the student body and staff participation. From baseball caps, to sombreros, James Madison shirts to NFL jerseys, a high demographic of students this year can be accounted for their active participation as well as enthusiasm throughout this week.

Of course, because all events this week are collectively leading up to the homecoming game and dance, we can expect to see many more fantastic displays of outfit ideas, as well as influences of even more creativity in the building.

We have yet to expect decades, cultural, and red out day this week, leading up to this weekend’s main events. With such an impressive outlook of student interest, the rest of spirit week is expected to be very enjoyable as well as insightful. Spirit week, to some students, is more than just interesting and fun events to show “spirit”. It is unifying, as a school, for us to all come together to support a common interest as well as cause.

The hype being caused for this week is not accountable alone for Homecoming. With the football team just getting their recent win against Fort Defiance, everyone is on the edge of their seat to see what our team will do next. Support goes in more directions than one, and showing school spirit is one of them.